Victron Energy Blue Solar Charge Controller MPPT 75/15
• Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
• Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions
• Load output
• Battery Life: intelligent battery management by load shedding
• Automatic battery voltage recognition
• Flexible charge algorithm
• Over-temperature protection and power de-rating when temperature is high.
Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
Especially in case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra-fast MPPT
controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10%
compared to slower MPPT controllers.
Over-discharge of the battery can be prevented by connecting all loads to the load output. The load output
will disconnect the load when the battery has been discharged to a pre-set voltage.
Alternatively, an intelligent battery management algorithm can be chosen: see Battery Life.
The load output is short circuit proof.
Some loads (especially inverters) can best be connected directly to the battery, and the inverter remote
control connected to the load output. A special interface cable may be needed, please see the manual.
Battery Life: intelligent battery management
When a solar charge controller is not able to recharge the battery to its full capacity within one day, the result
is often that the battery will continually be cycled between a ‘partially charged’ state and the ‘end of
discharge’ state. This mode of operation (no regular full recharge) will destroy a lead-acid battery within
weeks or months.
The Battery Life algorithm will monitor the state of charge of the battery and, if needed, day by day slightly
increase the load disconnect level (i.e. disconnect the load earlier) until the harvested solar energy is
sufficient to recharge the battery to nearly the full 100%. From that point onwards the load disconnect level
will be modulated so that a nearly 100% recharge is achieved about once every week.
- Battery Voltage: 12/24V Auto Select
- Rated Charge Current: 15A
- Maximum PV Power, 12V 1a,b: 200W
- Maximum PV Power, 24V 1a,b: 400W
- Automatic Load Disconnect: Yes, Maximum load 15A
- Maximum PV Open Circuit Voltage: 75V
- Peak Efficiency: 98%
- Self-Consumption: 10mA
- Charge Voltage 'Absorption': 14.4V/28.8V (adjustable)
- Charge Voltage 'Float': 13.8V/27.6V (adjustable)
- Charge Algorithm: Multi-Stage Adaptive
- Temperature Compensation: -16mV/°C resp. -32mV/°C
- Continuous/Peak Load Current: 15A/50A
- Low Voltage Load Disconnect: 11.1V/22.2V or 11.8V/23.6V or Battery Life Algorithm
- Low Voltage Load Reconnect: 13.1V/26.2V or 14V/28V or Battery Life Algoritm
- Protection: Battery Reverse Polarity (fuse) Output Short Circuit/Over Temperature
- Operating Temperature:-30 to 60°C (Rated Full Output up to 40°C)
- Humidity: 95% Non- Condensing
- Data Communication Port: V.E Direct
- Color: Blue (RAL 5012)
- Power Terminals: 6mm²/AWG10
- Protection Category: IP22 (Connection Area)
- Weight: 0.5kg
- Dimensions: H100 x W113 x D40mm
Solar Controllers, Victron