Victron Energy Blue Solar Charge Controller MPPT 100/30
• Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
• Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions
• Load output
• Battery Life: intelligent battery management by load shedding
• Automatic battery voltage recognition
• Flexible charge algorithm
• Over-temperature protection and power de-rating when temperature is high.
Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
Especially in case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra-fast MPPT
controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10%
compared to slower MPPT controllers.
Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions
If partial shading occurs, two or more maximum power points may be present on the power-voltage
Conventional MPPT’s tend to lock to a local MPP, which may not be the optimum MPP.
The innovative BlueSolar algorithm will always maximize energy harvest by locking to the optimum
Outstanding conversion efficiency
No cooling fan. Maximum efficiency exceeds 98%. Full output current up to 40°C (104°F).
Battery Life: intelligent battery management
When a solar charge controller is not able to recharge the battery to its full capacity within one day, the result
is often that the battery will continually be cycled between a ‘partially charged’ state and the ‘end of
discharge’ state. This mode of operation (no regular full recharge) will destroy a lead-acid battery within
weeks or months.
The Battery Life algorithm will monitor the state of charge of the battery and, if needed, day by day slightly
increase the load disconnect level (i.e. disconnect the load earlier) until the harvested solar energy is
sufficient to recharge the battery to nearly the full 100%. From that point onward the load disconnect level
will be modulated so that a nearly 100% recharge is achieved about once every week.
Extensive electronic protection
Over-temperature protection and power derating when temperature is high.
PV short circuit and PV reverse polarity protection.
PV reverse current protection.
Real-time data display options
- Apple and Android smartphones, tablets and other devices:
see the VE.Direct to Bluetooth low energy dongle
- ColorControl panel
- Battery Voltage: 12/24V Auto Select
- Rated Charge Current: 30A
- Maximum PV Power, 12V 1a,b: 440W (MPPT Range 15V to 80V)
- Maximum PV Power, 24V 1a,b: 880W (MPPT Range 30V to 80V)
- Maximum PV Open Circuit Voltage: 100V
- Peak Efficiency: 98%
- Self-Consumption: 10mA
- Charge Voltage 'Absorption': Default Setting 14.4V/28.8V (adjustable)
- Charge Voltage 'Float': Default Setting 13.8V/27.6V (adjustable)
- Charge Algorithm: Multi-Stage Adaptive
- Temperature Compensation: -16mV/°C resp. -32mV/°C
- Protection: Battery Reverse Polarity (fuse, not user accesible) Output Short Circuit/Over Temperature
- Operating Temperature:-30 to 60°C (Rated Full Output up to 40°C)
- Humidity: 95% Non- Condensing
- Data Communication Port: V.E Direct
- Color: Blue (RAL 5012)
- Power Terminals: 13mm²/AWG6
- Protection Category: IP43 (electronic components) IP22 (Connection Area)
- Weight: 1.25kg
- Dimensions: H130 x W186 x D70mm
Solar Controllers, Victron